Welcome to American English Conversations: Lesson 13. In this lesson you have 3 dialogues to practice, read, translate, pronounce in English, and read along with the video. Please focus and do your best so that you can learn and improve your listening, reading, pronunciation, and communication skills in English. Don’t forget to use the comments section below to share your thoughts and what you’ve learned today.
PART 1 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogues below in English, then translate them and read them in your primary language.
Dialogue 7 – Ordering Breakfast
- Waitress: Would you like to order now?
- Phil: Yes. I’d like bacon and eggs with buttered toast. No jelly.
- Waitress: What would you like to drink?
- Phil: Do you have hot chocolate?
- Waitress: Yes, we do.
- Phil: Then, I’ll have a cup of hot chocolate.
- Waitress: How do you want your eggs?
- Phil: Over easy, please.
Dialogue 8 – Near Accident
- Quinn: How about that!
- Kerwin: What? What happened?
- Quinn: Did you see what that guy did?
- Kerwin: No, I was looking the other way.
- Quinn: He made a U-turn right in the middle of the block and almost hit a kid on a bicycle.
- Kerwin: Drivers get crazier every day!
- Quinn: Right. Nobody wants to drive by the rules anymore!
Dialogue 9 – Arrival Time
- Pat: What time does Mother’s plane get in?
- Cliff: I’m not sure, but I think at 2:35. I’ll call the airline to make sure.
- Pat: Why don’t you do that while I change my clothes?
- Cliff: Do you think Dick or Brenda will want to go?
- Pat: I don’t know. I guess we could call them.
- Cliff: I know Dick has to work, but maybe Brenda can go.
- Pat: Okay. Call her first, then the airlines.
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.
One thought on “American English Conversations: Lesson 13”
[…] Dialogues 13: https://americanenglishconversation.online/2021/05/26/american-english-conversations-lesson-13/ […]