Welcome to American English Conversations: Lesson 14. In this lesson you have 3 dialogues to practice, read, translate, pronounce in English, and read along with the video. Please focus and do your best so that you can learn and improve your listening, reading, pronunciation, and communication skills in English. Don’t forget to use the comments section below to share your thoughts and what you’ve learned today.
PART 1 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogues below in English, then translate them and read them in your primary language.
Dialogue 10 – After the Game
- Gloria: Did you watch the game last night?
- Roy: I sure did. I wouldn’t have missed it for anything?
- Gloria: I think it was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.
- Roy: Me too. I thought both teams played super ball. Too bad one had to lose.
- Gloria: Yeah. I thought they were evenly matched. It could have gone either way!
- Roy: That shot that won in the last fifteen seconds was really something.
Dialogue 11 – Going for a Walk
- Roger: What did you say?
- Claire: I said that it’s a lovely day. Why don’t we go for a walk?
- Roger: Can you wait a few minutes? I have to finish this letter.
- Claire: Don’t take too long. It would be a shame not to take advantage of such lovely weather.
- Roger: I won’t be long. No more than ten minutes. Why don’t you go on ahead and I’ll meet you in the park.
- Claire: Believe I will. Look for me near the rock garden.
Dialogue 12 – What’s for Dinner?
- Mother: I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening?
- Mona: Are you asking me?
- Mother: Yes, I am. I really don’t feel much like cooking, but the family must eat.
- Mona: Well, you know me. I can always eat pizza—or spaghetti.
- Mother: So I’ve noticed. You’re putting on a little weight, aren’t you?
- Mona: I know. Don’t mind me! I’m starting a new diet day after tomorrow.
- Mother: It’s about time!
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.