Welcome to American English Conversations: Lesson 12. In this lesson you have 3 dialogues to practice, read, translate, pronounce in English, and read along with the video. Please focus and do your best so that you can learn and improve your listening, reading, pronunciation, and communication skills in English. Don’t forget to use the comments section below to share your thoughts and what you’ve learned today.
PART 1 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogues below in English, then translate them and read them in your primary language.
Dialogue 4: Airport Bus
- Stan: What time does the bus leave for the airport?
- Harry: I don’t know. It used to leave every half hour, but I think the schedule’s been changed.
- Stan: Do you know the telephone number to call?
- Harry: It’s Enterprise 7-4700. At least that’s what it used to be.
- Stan: Yeah, I’ll try it. (Pause) They don’t seem to answer.
- Harry: I expect that it’s a little too early. I don’t think they open until nine o’clock.
Dialogue 5: Making a Date
- Drew: What time are you leaving tomorrow?
- Paul: You mean to go to the graduation ceremony?
- Drew: Yes, I’d like to go with you if I may.
- Paul: I’d be delighted to take you. I plan to leave here about nine-thirty.
- Drew: Fine. I can be ready by then.
- Paul: Okay. I’ll pick you up at your house.
- Drew: See you tomorrow, then, about nine-thirty.
Dialogue 6: Catching a Bus
- Steve: Is this where I catch the bus for the zoo?
- Alan: You can take a T-30 from here, but then you have to walk about six blocks.
- Steve: That doesn’t sound too bad.
- Alan: Actually, if you go to the bus stop in the next block, you can take a Z-8 which will let you right off in front of the zoo.
- Steve: Maybe that’s what I’ll do. Thanks a lot.
- Alan: You’re welcome.
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.
One thought on “American English Conversations: Lesson 12”
[…] Dialogues 12: https://americanenglishconversation.online/2021/05/26/american-english-conversations-lesson-12/ […]