Welcome to American English Conversations: Lesson 7. In this lesson you have 3 dialogues to practice, read, translate, pronounce in English, and read along with the video. Please focus and do your best so that you can learn and improve your listening, reading, pronunciation, and communication skills in English. Don’t forget to use the comments section below to share your thoughts and what you’ve learned today.
PART 1 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogues below in English, then translate them and read them in your primary language.
Dialogue 19: Taking a Vacation
- David: Did you say you’re going to take a vacation next month?
- Ruth: Yes, my family and I are going to New York for a week. We want to visit the museums and see some plays.
- David: I envy you. I haven’t had a vacation for a long time. I wish I could get away for a while.
- Ruth: You can take a vacation sometime soon, can’t you?
- David: No, there’s too much work to do. Maybe next year, though.
Dialogue 20: Recipes
- Shirley: Would you like some cookies? I just made them.
- Louise: Thank you. Yes, I would.
- Shirley: These are chocolate, and those are almond flavored.
- Louise: I guess I’ll try a chocolate one first. Mmmm…this is delicious. Are they hard to make?
- Shirley: No, they’re really quite easy. Wait a minute, I’ve got the recipe right here. See…these are the ingredients, and then you just follow the directions.
- Louise: That does look easy. I think I’ll make some tonight.
Dialogue 21: Weather
- Karen: Brrrr! I’m cold. I thought it was supposed to get warmer today.
- Ed: Yeah, I thought so, too That’s what the weatherman said.
- Karen: It must be the wind that makes it so cold. I’m freezing!
- Ed: Me, too. Let’s go inside.
- Karen: O.K. It’s no fun standing out here, even if the sun is shining.
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.
3 thoughts on “American English Conversations: Lesson 7”
[…] Dialogues 7: https://americanenglishconversation.online/2021/05/26/american-english-conversations-lesson-7/ […]
Hello, I am Albertine.
Thank you for this lesson. It’s really helpful especially in learning pronunciation through conversation.
Thanks for sharing these useful dialogues with the participants. Especially, when we review them not only through our eyes but also through our ears, so they become imprinted in our minds, besides they are no longer monotonous when we read them at different paces.