Welcome to American English Conversations: Lesson 17. In this lesson you have 3 dialogues to practice, read, translate, pronounce in English, and read along with the video. Please focus and do your best so that you can learn and improve your listening, reading, pronunciation, and communication skills in English. Don’t forget to use the comments section below to share your thoughts and what you’ve learned today.
PART 1 — DIRECTIONS: Read the dialogues below in English, then translate them and read them in your primary language.
Dialogue 19 – Weekend Plans
- Al: Hi. I’m glad I ran into you.
- Bob: Why? What’s up?
- Al: How’d you like to go on a hike this weekend?
- Bob: All weekend?
- Al: Well, just Saturday and Sunday.
- Bob: I’m not sure I can be gone all weekend. I promised to help my sister move Saturday.
- Al: How about Sunday, then? We could start early in the morning.
- Bob: I might be able to do that. Tell you what. Let me check and I’ll call you at home tonight.
- Al: Great! I’ll talk to you later.
- Bob: So long.
Dialogue 20 — Dinner Invitation
- Laura: Don’t forget. We’re invited out to dinner tonight.
- Ted: Oh, I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me. What time?
- Laura: Seven-thirty. We should leave the house by six-thirty. You know how bad the traffic is that time of night.
- Ted: Uh-huh. It’s informal, isn’t it?
- Laura: Yeah. You can wear your new sports jacket.
- Ted: Okay. I’ll try to get home a little early.
- Laura: Good. Bye-bye.
Dialogue 21 — Car Insurance
- Dick: I need to get car insurance. Ya got any ideas?
- George: Well, you could try my company. It seems to have fair rates.
- Dick: Do they insure older cars?
- George: As far as I know, they insure all kinds of vehicles.
- Dick: How long have you had a policy with them?
- George: Oh, I don’t know. Maybe five years.
- Dick: And you say their rates are low?
- George: Not low, reasonable. I’ve always gotten good service from them. Let me give you their phone number and you can call them.
PART 2 — DIRECTIONS: Watch, read-along, and pronounce with the video below a minimum of 2-3 times. After you finish, let us know what you learned via the comments section below.
2 thoughts on “American English Conversations: Lesson 17”
[…] Dialogues 17: https://americanenglishconversation.online/2021/05/26/american-english-conversations-lesson-17/ […]
American English conversation Lesson 17.
A good exercise to improve the conversation by reading the dialogs